5 May 2013

Still singing to Prince!

Hi everyone and welcome. I'll explain the title shortly but first some news - to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day there's a 25% discount on your entire order of digital stamps and collage sheets at Nicecrane Designs. There's a huge range available, including coloured and b&w images, with styles to suit everyone. Hurry though, as the offer only runs today and tomorrow. Just use the code NSD.


Now, why have I been singing along to Prince all day? Well it's all Hels Sheridan's fault. She set the Sunday Stamper challenge - Diamonds and Pearls today and that was it. I figured the best way to deal with it was to create a little something to enter, and so...


The starting point was the UTEE fragment created as part of my last Friday Focus. It was coloured with Stream and Red Pepper Alcohol Inks and finished with Treasure Gold gilding wax. The big decision here was to work out what to mount it on.


Tammy Tutterow's tutorial HERE came to my rescue. I altered the colours (DI Peacock Feathers and Bundled Sage) clear embossed a splattered background and used DP Tarnished Brass for the stamping (yippee! my Metallic Paints arrived yesterday!!)


After layering on different white and gold elements and some lace I inked up some die cut leaves and flowers to match. My 'diamonds' are set into the brads at the centre of the flowers and the gold 'pearls' are made from CS Golden Shimmer PVA glue.


So there you have it for today. Don't forget to check out the Nicecrane Designs discount.
Take care of yourselves, hugs Jenny x

23 comments:

  1. loving all the wonderful textures and its a fab layout. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh LOVE LOVE LOVE it Jenny, tis lush... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps... next week the title will be.... *I know a song that will get on your nerves... get on your nerves.... * bhahahaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your piece Jenny! The utee piece came up a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love this one... the fragment is yummy with those pops of red, and the metallic DP stamping is completely fabulous! Big wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really beautiful make , gorgeous way to use your stunning fragment . Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background for the fragment and wonderful colours. Love this Jenny.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour scheme on this piece and I can imagine you singing along as you made it LOL!! Waiting for my metallic paints to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely texture and details Jenny. Love your fragment piece.

    Have a great day

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny
    This is gorgeous and you lucky thing, your paints came!
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! The embellishments are glorious, really love the contrast of the white against that turquoise background, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Jenny, This is beautiful, your fragment is gorgeous and all the colours really complement, truly beautiful.
    I don't know if it is my eyes or my laptop, but I'm having great difficulty reading the 'red' writing on the 'black' background on your Blog today !!!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely layered centre piece against a very creative background Jenny...the red flowers fit so well!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really gorgeous and I love the background and pretty fragment piece. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny, this is a real beauty! Love the fragment and the flowers are also stunning! The background is really amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your design, so awesome! Love all the colors and textures you are using also. This is beautiful art.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another stunner Jenny! Love it, I want to reach out and touch it. Fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a WOW from me too Jenny, this is stunning, love the fragment and the gorgeous red flowers. That lace is wonderful too. A beautiful piece of art! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So gorgeous! Love what you did with the UTEE, especially. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Utee fragment is brilliant - love the colours and your background is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wooo this is beautiful Jenny, you UTEE piece is stunning. I keep trying to leave comments then I wander over to your links and now I know where my day goes lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of lovely things going on here Jenny. Your background is stunning, I really love it. The texture created with the utee is very interesting and adds another dimension to this lovely card.
    Sorry to be on catch up all the time - I will get here eventually but I don't know where the time goes these days.
    Hugs, Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...