31 May 2013

A Very Special Friend

Hi everyone. Back again, and with good reason. I had thought about showing you what arrived in the post a couple of days ago at the end of my last post, but frankly this deserves its own time and space and a huge thank you to an amazing friend.


You may have seen this gorgeous accordion book HERE on my special friend Anne's blog. Anne had just announced her third, yes THIRD! win on Tim's tag challenges - has anyone else done that? I'm not sure but it shows you how good a crafter she is. More than that though Anne is a very special person. I know, there's that word special again but it's hard to put into words how lovely she is.

We started blogging about the same time and she supported my efforts from day one despite never having met me. There have been any number of major ups and downs for both of us over the past year and throughout it all Anne has been ever-present with emails and parcels of joy in the post. You just know that she cares so much and would do anything in her power to help a friend in need.

I remarked on her post that this would be treasured by any friend - imagine my surprise and joy when it arrived at my house! Seen up close I get to marvel and the skill Anne has with stamping and colour-blending and can assure you that it certainly will be treasured forever. How wonderful is it that we get to make such beautiful friends both near and far whilst enjoying and sharing our creative efforts.

Thank you Anne. You are one in a million. Hugs, Jenny xxx

16 comments:

  1. I totally share your view that Anne is very special. We are so lucky to have such kind friends met through our love of crafting. I hope you are well Jenny and want to thank you for your kind wishes.
    Many crafty hugs
    Annie x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful book. Anne really is that wonderful person and her work is so outstanding. I'm sure you will always treasure this fabulous gift. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab RAK from Anne - and I'm sure you deserve it! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post Jenny. Aren't you both lucky and deserving to receive Anne's love. You are such a sweetheart Anne and wonderful artiste to boot. Wishing you both a lovely weekend, Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thought

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful showcase for such a fabulous piece of art and friendship! Thank you so much for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny, well this was a huge surprise! I had to get DH to read it for me because I was welling up so much.....you are the kindest and sweetest of friends and I really do treasure your friendship. Thank you so much - I just wanted you to know how special you are. Big hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful gift from the - as you say - incredibly special Anne... lovely heartwarming post to read - thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have both gladdened my heart and lifted my spirit. The generosity of both Anne and you Jenny are exemplary out there in the blog world.
    I am coming to England again, maybe 2014 and I am going to meet both of you.
    You are always so generous with your praise and support and in this sometimes cynical world you shine!
    What wonderful treasure you received Jenny but more importantly what treasure your friendship and regard for each other is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is indeed a very special gift from a very lovely lady, a wonderful inky creation that you can treasure Jenny. But I have to say you both have a heart of gold and are willing to give lots of love and support to people as I have found out by experience. Our wonderful creative community is a very special place to be and I feel so lucky to be part of it.
    Big hugs to you and Anne and take care.
    Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful gift to have received Jenny and how terrific that Anne has won three times on Tim's challenge.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely gift to receive - it is great how we can make good friends through blogging and crafting. You get to 'know' them even if you never meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How thoughtful! I'm a big Anne fan. She does such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenny
    sounds like you and Anne are friends for life and that is the amazing thing about crafters they do make the most fantastic friends even if you have never met them.
    Enjoy your gift
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky, lucky you Jenny. This is a little beauty and shows some wonderful skills from Anne (which we as teamies, know she has of course!).
    Hugs, Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful Jenny, you must be so proud, such a lovely gesture. How wonderful blogland can be! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...