23 July 2012

Analogous Colours

And now for something different...


it's Monday so that means it is time for the Make My Monday challenge again and this week Mynnette has asked us to use analogous colour - turquoise, light blue and dark blue. Analogous colours (glad I'm not saying this out-loud as that word would get me every time!) are colours that sit in a group of three right next to each other on the colour wheel. We usually use these combinations when doing monochromatic artwork. This week we are focusing on blues and would like to see creations using turquoise, light blue and dark blue with white or cream as your neutrals. Just a reminder that Priyanka from My Heart Pieces is offering 3 digis of choice to the July monthly winner.


My offering as Guest DT member took a different direction from my usual style.


For me this is quite CAS!! and it took an age, primarily because the papers are from a large set of K&Co papers (one of those pads of 360 with several collections included) which are too thin to decoupage without first sticking onto card and then cutting out.


The smaller balloons were freebies from the May 2011 issue of Craft Stamper magazine.


The large balloon is a Stampendous image (from The Stamp Man) and has been embellished with my new SB Banner Basics Borders 3 in navy card which has been inked.

Post over, it's away to work (yes, this is scheduled) but that's ok as the sun is shining beautifully, I will be back to get inky earlier than ususal, there's no school run, and the sun is shining!! (well it is a novelty!) HUGE congrats to Bradley Wiggins - first time I've watched any of the Tour de France and the British lads were awesome, and now they're in training for the Olympics! That's dedication for you.
Thank you to followers new and old for joining me in my little bit of cyberspace. You are very welcome and I appreciate your company. May the sun shine on you today too, hugs, Buttons x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Buttons.......love the dimension created here and the large ballon is fabulous. You have certainly been busy my friend x fabulous colours and I wish you good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top Banana Buttons! I love this, it's really different and fresh and gorgeous, I love the challenge too... Hmmm, now I'm thinking about inking. Thank you for the lovely inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness there is a lot of sticking and cutting out for this card - love the final effect. Blue sky just like it is at the moment and sunshine too - Can't be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW looks fabulous, not sure that I would have the patience to do all that gluing and sticking and perfect positioning, but it's paid off, it looks wonderful.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you have used the banner basics die, it looks great on the balloon. I do like analogous (whatever) colours together and these blues are beautiful. A little masterpiece. Have you seen Trace's blog today?

    Crafty hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another AMAZING card!!! LOVE all the clouds--and your sentiment is too fabulous! LOVE this--so glad you're our GD this month!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cor, get you with the nifty scissors! Fabulous results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card - love this.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balloons always make me feel happy!!! I love your monochromatic blue...it really lights this up! Gorgeous design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Buttons...love it.
    I agree with you about the the Brits in Tour De France...awesome!
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...