Hello all and welcome back to my random world. Welcome to all the new followers recently - word of my madness appears to be spreading!! Hee hee! I have spent another part of this morning
fighting with getting to grips with Blogger - thought it would be good to use the Dynamic view to allow Google translate to work but it just went wappy on me and the translate widget didn't work anyway (arrrhhh!!) so I went back to basics:) You wouldn't think I taught ITsoftware would you?!
Why the attempted change? Well the talented Alie (who's even designed her own stamps!!) left me a lovely comment on my last post which got me thinking. I am getting lots more visitors for who English is not their first language, and it must be hard to decifer what is being described when we talk (endlessly in my case) about the techniques used. As I said though, Blogger wasn't playing - if anyone knows of a great way to get it to work PLEASE let me know - so I have decided in future to do step by step photos as I'm guessing us crafters are visual beings anyway? And now I break that rule straight away by showing a before and after!!
Playing cards, white tissue paper, plain white card and white gesso over the top as a base.
What? Why? I saw a beautiful card on Pia's blog where she used some Wonderland paper from 7 Dots Studio (Finnabair et. al.) This paper is beautiful and one day I will spoil myself with some to stroke but in the meantime I made my own (see above and then see below)...
TOTALLY inspired by a Hels Sheridan project yesterday (she highlights the texture with her Stabilo All pencil). It was going to be a stab at blended stains for Linda Ledbetter's challenge, but after the last disaster I took Sunshine Girl's suggestion and started by covering the whole lot with Picket Fence stain. Then I followed Tim's instructions (in Compendium of Curiousities 2) using Dusty Concord, Stormy Sky and a mix of Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick distress inks.
However, probably due to the base combo it all went too pale and uninteresting so further blotting of ink was required on top with some Cut n Dry foam. This sort of discounted it from Linda's challenge, but with the addition of my new TH stamps, some extra coloured cardstock, UPVA pearl drops coloured with black Promarker and a UTEE embossed tag I ended up with a moody/stroppy teenager card to enter into the current Our Creative Corner - It's A Sketch challenge! Hurrah!
In future there will be more piccies and less waffling, promise, but this project was almost complete when I came to that momentous decision and lots of peeps like to know what I've done. So, now I must away and see whether some acrylic paint has dried / hoover up 3 tons of dog hair (Alaskan Malamutes kill hoovers, it's official!) / make spagetti to feed the locusts. What a fun life I lead! Here's hoping those going in and coming out of hospital the very best (including Anne R. and Sheena D.) those of you going to Ally Pally have the bestest time ever, and everyone else has a fab weekend. Hugs to you all, Buttons x