3 October 2019

Eileen Hull Designs Pocket Notebook Blog Hop!

Hi everyone and welcome. Today is the official launch day for Eileen Hull's latest die - the Pocket Notebook - and to celebrate a whole heap of extremely talented creatives have put their own spin on it for a very special Release Party!!! Eileen’s Inspiration and Education teams have combined to show us their amazing Pocket Notebook ideas. Please follow the Blog Hop to see all of the fabulous projects, techniques and videos (more details at the end of this post).


That's just a taste of what can be created with this new die, now here's what the Pocket Notebook looks like - you get all of the pieces you need to make an entire book- the cover, pages, latch and pen loop! The Pocket Notebook measures 6 3/4” x 4 1/2” with a spine that can adjust from of 3/8” to almost 2”! String it with elastic, hemp, ribbon or twine, or even bind it. So many option for this fun die!


For this special Release Party I create a new bound junk journal with a collage style cover;


Whilst visiting That's Crafty for Eileen's recent UK Paper Trail workshop (featuring this fabulous die) there was enough time to check out Laura's huge stock of stencils and I was excited to find many of Rebekah Meier's gorgeous designs (find them online HERE). One of these (called Mini Raven Mosaic) teamed beautifully with the PaperArtsy stamp set ECF05 by Courtney Franich. Below you'll see how four colours of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint (Hey Pesto, Stone, Spanish Mulberry and Haystack) were used to create a rainbow effect background which could then be added to matboard ready for die cutting the covers. I included one of those flexible spines (now familiar from previous smaller Notebooks) covered in lace and string so that the inside text block could be bound properly.


You can see from the photos below how the stamps and stencil were used over the brayered background with a combination of ink, paste and paint to create a layered collage. I also used teabag paper coloured with PaperArtsy Infusions (Golden Sands) lace, string, wire and yarn, and one of Eileen's Journaling Words, die cut from her Thermoweb Foam Adhesive and covered with Thermoweb's Deco Foil Transfer Sheet (Aqua). To make the page holder I used Eileen's Twist n Style Tool to create a twisted braid of contrasting yarns and added charms before attaching it to the inside of the journal spine.



The special part to this die is the new feature of an open ended page cutter - this allows you to cut pages to the perfect size lengthwise, leaving the folded edge free so you can determine how wide you want them to be.


During Eileen's UK Paper Trail we learned how, by folding A4 size sheets of paper in half (as shown above) complete signatures could be die cut easily from one end - since this is a Bigz XL die you can cut multiple pages at one time. For this journal I folded several sheets of tea dyed copier paper, graph paper and scrapbook paper together. Once cut you are left with pieces which, with a minimal amount of trimming, are then perfect to fit inside a smaller Notebook, Wrapped Journal or Passport Book (as shown below). No waste! Perfect!!


Here are a couple of photos showing how the text block was added inside the covers;



That's it for my project - now back to the Release Party and that Blog Hop I mentioned at the top of this post.

Please follow the Blog Hop to see all of the fabulous projects, techniques and videos!

There are also two GIVEAWAYS - the Pocket Notebook die and a gift certificate for Eileen’s Etsy store. To enter to win, leave a comment on each of the posts. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 8 on Eileen’s Facebook Live show. Eileen will be on Facebook Live today at 4:00 Eastern at Eileen Hull Designs with a couple of special guests so be sure to tune in.

Thanks for hopping along with us today!

Jenny Marples (you are here)

51 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty colours and design on the cover - a little reminiscent of psychedelia to my eyes, but in a gentle way! Love the interior pages too - the cutting method is a clever feature of the die.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous colored papers - love how it all goes together! This is an awesome die!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning cover and love the inside as well - you have done a great work with the die set - thanks for sharing your creative art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your stenciling. I have been trying stenciling lately. I have a ton of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft colors and your use of the stencils...very inspiring...thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* I just love your style! Beautiful cover and I am determined to make one with a text block. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the softness of colors on your note book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, your colours are delightful. A beautiful subtle cover and then Wow, the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Jenny! This just makes my heart sing. It's like standing inside a rainbow...all soft with color and radiant with light. Your details, as always, are perfection. I want to hold this in my hands and drink in all the wondrous beauty. You inspire me so! Hugs and misses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful, lovely colours and design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty colours, it’s beautiful.
    Anita Holte

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just lovely Jenny! Beautiful soft colors and wonderful layers of stenciling and die cuts - love the circle you created and the bright blue JOURNAL - thanks for sharing the tip about cutting the pages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors you've used! Your journals are always full of eye candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty book with lovey colours.Thanks for explaining how to fold A4 paper to cut the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors! And thanks for adding info on cutting out the papers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and the soft colors are so beautiful. Love the cover-like a soft rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Jenny...you always take my breath away with your creative genius! I love all the elements and hues of color! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the rainbow effect and the dyed papers. Great tip for cutting multiple papers ! thanks for sharing and thank you for the hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the texture, Jenny! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tasseled bookmarker. The graph paper WORKS so well with your accents. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. All I can say is...I want to be you when I grow up! Ok, I guess I have to say more. You continually impress me with your artistry and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the colors and the pages! I really loved the one Eileen showed on FB Live too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The colors are fantastic and the cover is beautiful. Really want to put my spin on a project like this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the inserts and the charms!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The tea dyed papers are so perfect for your book. I love the way you used color.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a sweet journal, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This turned out beautiful Jenny, I love the combination of stamps and stencils and the s ale works lovely with the new notebook die. I love that you can cut pages with it too! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful display Jenny with it's pops of Autumn, it's a fabulous feature of the die that it can cut out our signature pages in multiples, saves so much time and measurement. I'm currently cutting anything and everything that I stop and think before I throw away hee hee!! Another inspirational creation, Thanks so much for sharing.
    Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great mixed media book! Looks like a lot of thought and work. Love the mix of elements- so interesting! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super cute pocket notebook. Love the different textures/mediums you used... the charm bookmark is so pretty! Awesome die!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for showing more of how to cut the pages with this die. I haven't had the chance to watch a video, so it was very helpful. Beautiful journal!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is SO beautiful! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jenny what a gorgeous book- thanks for sharing so many great tips, especially about your A4 papers- wish we had it in the US! I miss WH Smith :-( Still finding surprises in my luggage though as I unpack. Your projects are always a delight- so thoughtfully made and pretty! Can't believe you sent the big mama book- just want to fan it out and revel in the coolness!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful--love the collage style cover and the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jenny, this i so pretty, I love that you have been able to create texture but have also been able to keep so much softness to this project. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your pocket jurnal cover is fantastic Jenny x I love the colours and details you have used x The adornments are perfect too xx
    TFS and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your journal. Thanks for explaining the special part to this die is the new feature of an open ended page cutter. I had not heard that.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your gorgeous journal is magical and like a piece of beautiful art!! Stunning in the soft colors and loving the layers of stencils and beautiful pieces!! Thank you for explaining that about the pages for the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! This looks fabulous Jenny! The cover looks great and I loved the little glimpses of the inside! Sorry I haven't been visiting much - hope to have more time soon! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Luv your journal cover! And this pages inside too! Such soft beautiful colors!!! I'm gonna have to get brave and put on my painting boots! TFS, hugs, Suzy Q

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is so special- just love all the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...