14 May 2018

AALL & Create - Quirky Blossoms by Tracy Evans

Hi everyone and welcome! Phew, well after a whirlwind weekend teaching up in Dumfries (more of that to come) I'm back with you today to share a new project for AALL & Create.

Quirky Blossoms by Tracy Evans



I love a flower;  you simply can't go wrong with them, and Tracy Evan's 'Quirky Blossoms' are an absolute pleasure to use. She has added plenty of detail to them so you can keep it simple with the one colour option (as I have done here) or go to town and add lots more by picking out the individual lines. Choosing to go with the simple option meant I could add more pattern and colour to the background, which is where one of Autour de Mwa's new stencils came in rather handy! Here's a 'work in progress' photo so you can see what I mean;


Above you'll see the stencilling over the brayered background followed by the application of colour over the initial layer of stamping - I used a combination of Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints in Sedona, Marine and White. By using the Stamp Platform I could re-stamp the flowers precisely once painted to add all that gorgeous detail back in. The addition of the sentiment from the set seemed to sum up what I feel about these clever designs.

Here are a couple of close ups of the finished card so you can see all those little details;



You can purchase Tracy's stamp set 'Quirky Blossoms' and Autour de Mwa's stencil from AALL & Create HERE and it's also available from many of your favourite retailers across the World listed on the same page).



That's it from me for today. I'll be back soon with more about the fun I had over the weekend and even more projects to inform and inspire you. In the meantime take care of yourselves and get creative!
Jenny xxx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous , I am just so delighted to see you using my stamps. It’s auch a huge thrill and you have showcased them beautifully . Fantastic layered background which I adore and the flowers sit perfectly . Thanks Jenny . Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Jenny .A fine example that there is beauty in simplicity x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...