Well hello everyone on this first Sunday morning in February (isn't this year already flying by! - just realised that makes me sound very old:) Thank you for joining me here at 'Chez Buttons' for a look at another of my artistic efforts. This one is being entered into the following challenges;
Thought I'd have a final bash for the time being at creating that Oriental backing paper.
This Hero Arts background stamp is a doddle to use, especially if you want to remove/replace some of the colour from the larger characters. It also looks better if the ink starts to dry a little on the stamp as it gives an even more vintage feel to the whole thing.
I added some dimension to the card by adding Silver Ferro paste through what is fast becoming one of my favourite Crafters Workshop stencils. It was dried fast because I wanted it to puff up. You may have noticed on the previous photo that I used some Coffee Archival Ink to colour the little birds too.
A spot of moulded Ferro coloured with DI Walnut Stain created a rather nice nest, but then, what to put in it! These little plastic buttons looked ok but the addition of White Mixative and Sandal alcohol inks in patches made them more realistic.
Finally I tried stamping several versions of this Inkylicious wren but they all looked too flat and less of a focal point. So I used Ferro again, stamping into a heated piece with the Coffee Archival Ink.
Now, it's time to rustle up a yummy cooked breakfast for the hungry hoards so I will leave you to hopefully enjoy what remains of the weekend. Hugs as always, Jenny xxx