27 April 2013

Feeling Fit to Burst!

Hi everyone. Wondering why I'm feeling fit to burst?


Well a huge chunk of that has to do with the fact it's time to let the genie out of the bottle, ping, and announce that I am beyond honoured/thrilled/excited to have been asked to join the new line up at Our Creative Corner. You'll see the reason for my excitement when you take a look at the team (on the sidebar) HERE. There are new challenges in store and you may just notice a change in the decor and format when it goes live. We are all ready at the starting gate for the first challenge and look forward to seeing you there.

And now for photos of a new card which prove that the sun sometimes shines on Staffordshire (although you had to be up at 6am to see it!)


I recently got to see some of the fantastic new releases over at Nicecrane Designs and got rather excited when I saw the new Victorian Art collections. The image in this card evoked memories of a fantastic historical TV series in the UK last year called 'The Paradise'. It also transported me to many a happy lunchtime spent browsing around a haberdashery shop in Irongate, Derby.


















I wanted to use the main image as a backdrop and created a frame to add some depth and draw the eye 'inside' the shop.


The paper used for the frame was originally b&w so DS Antique Linen (how appropriate!) edged with DI Victorian Velvet/Vintage Photo toned it to match.


I felt the frame needed embellishing in a way that didn't detract from the image, so I chose to stamp/colour/emboss/fussy cut lots of elements in colours which would blend with the frame and pick out a couple of colours within the image. I love to use the Walnut Stain Embossing Powder to add texture to images and in this case used it on the ball of twine and buttons. The scissors and thimbles were clear embossed to add a shiny 'metallic' feel, and the sewing machine just had to be black embossed. Vellum tape measures stamped in DI Pumice Stone also added some subtle detailing.


Many of the images and the sentiment were stamped onto antique gold cardstock which has a beautiful sheen to it without being too 'bling'. All the stamped images came from two sets;
Indigo Blu - Sewing Mends the Soul
Sam Poole - Vintage Sewing


Bless her, Hels Sheridan picked a time-saver of a theme for this week's
Sunday Stamper challenge - paper
As that is pretty much all I've used on this card I think it qualifies!

OK, time to sign off and get the weekend's domestic duties attended to. Whatever you are up to this weekend I hope you get to squeeze in some time to indulge yourselves.
Don't forget to hop over to Our Creative Corner for a sneaky peek of what is coming up.
Take care of yourselves, hugs, Jenny x

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card jenny. I love the colours and all the elements you have added. Just perfect. Hope the sun shines on Stafford today. We have a gorgeous day here .....just hope it lasts as its back to rain tomorrow.

    Have a great weekend.

    Huge congrats on the DT spot and CC. I look forward to viewing you makes.

    CRafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny. I'm equally excited to be on a team with you now - Yippee!!!
    I love your vintage look piece and those Nicecrane images are to die for. The one on the right has my name on it now because I can see a Waterhouse image on it!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh huge congratulations - I can tell you are very excited! Love the card you have made too - I am off today to the opening of Laurens (of Sewing Bee fame) shop in Moseley - such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and well deserved place on the Our Creative Corner team.

    Love the card it has so much to admire on it

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, firstly, I am thrilled and honoured to b working on a DT with you! To say I am excited is an understatement.

    Secondly, I love this card so much - the image is wonderful but I love how you have framed it so beautifully, it really sets the pic off. That sewing machine takes centre stage for me - just love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jenny so well deserved! I'll try to join in but I fail miserably... more times than not, at vintage, even though I love it, so I need the practise.
    I love this card, fabulous . I'm off to HSNW next month with a huge list of "must haves" and both these stamp sets are on it! :)
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage scenery with lovely details Jenny...what a great matching text!

    And of course: congratulations as a new DT member..you belong to that great team!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, Jenny,

    and I want you to know that I am more than happy and honoured to work alongside you with that awesome DT over at OCC - The Next Generation ;)

    Hugs,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny. I just love this card - its right up my street! So pleased to be working alongside you on the OCC team. Think we are going to have some fun. Love, Margie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Jenny. I adore these beautiful images and the card you have made to-day, its so perfect. Looking forward to seeing what you make on the DT. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news and Congratulations Jenny - am very happy for you all - so looking forward to seeing DT lineup on May 1st and lots of fun challenges.

    Your card here is superb as always - you always make such interesting pieces! Enjoy the weekend. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny, Wow, congratulations on being on the new DT, popped across and it all sounds so exciting, can't wait to see what the team create. I can feel your excitement in your post.
    Your card is stunning, I love the frame that feeds your eye into the shop, and the sewing machine and sentiment are beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A huge congrats Jenny!!! And an awesome lineup it is too! Your card is vintage in all it's finery! I love it.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! This is gorgeous and I just love old haberdashery related things - all the elements and colours are just right for the beautiful image

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay... so lovely that it's all up and running! So looking forward to playing alongside you...
    And what a brilliant card with the new Nicecrane images - I LOVE that we're looking through a window at her... and the man in the background is looking through a window at us - brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful creation Jenny. Love the vintage feel and all the lovely detail.
    Many congratulations on your DT news and I can see why you're excited to be with some of my lovely blogging friends. Well done and enjoy your new teamwork.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! fantastic to be part of such an amazingly talented team, can't wait to see what you all get up to ! love this card fabulous image and the stamping matches perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Huge congrats on your new DT position, looks like one great line up! Fabulous creation, love how you used the image and surrounded it with the sewing themed stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Jenny and congratulations on the DT spot! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are fantastic news, congratulations - well deserved.
    Your card looks fantastic, really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific card Buttons and congratulations on being on the new DT, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations are in order!!! This should be quite exciting and even more so that I know most of the DT! Love this card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Huge congratulations on your new dt spot, a fab team .your are s very talented and lovely lady and I am thrilled for you hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the new DT position you will be such an inspiration Jenny. I love this beautiful Victorian sewing themed piece the elements you have included as embellishments are wonderful.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats, Jenny! What wonderful news that you're on the OCC DT! SO very exciting! I'm sure you're gonna have a blast! And the card you made is so pretty! Love those digi's! Hugs. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on your well deserved new appointment. Your work is superb. As is this latest piece - what a beautiful creation.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a stunning card! Love the composition, very creative. Congrat's on your new DT position. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. A beautiful card Jenny and congratulations on your new DT, hope you have lots of fun! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jenny,
    Congratulations on your news.
    I love this project, the theme and the colours are so nostalgic,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay you!!! Congrats! What a great DT and I love the new look! What a beautiful card...WOW!!!! Vintage goodness to say the least.... SEW nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wowww Jenny love the vintage effect,,,and what a colorful card,,,at time,,,,,.Fantastic background and what creative are you with my vintage Victorian Collection,,,,lot of applausses,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  32. CONGRATULATIONS!! on your fantastic news
    Loving what you have done with those fantastic images, another "Work of Art"
    Have a great Day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Terrific news, Jenny! It's exciting to see OCC revamping and the design team roster is verrrry impressive. I'm sure they are thrilled to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. hi Jenny.. CONGRATS!!!! Whooothoot to you... am so happy for you... are you kind glad I nagged you to get a blog? See, told you that you needed one... everyone needs to be able to see your gorgeous art! Anyways... apologies I am SO late arriving to see your entry... I have been, alas, on my death bed! Anyways... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...