17 May 2016

Fun with Candy Box Crafts

Hi everyone and welcome. Back in February I got the chance to catch up with the boys from Candy Box Crafts and drooled over the MDF designs they are creating. Knowing the quality of these products (I've got their ink storage units decorated and in use at home!) I was thrilled when asked to alter a couple of their new items for the latest Hochanda shows tomorrow (18th May).

First up a brand new Wishing Well money box, and I went all out on the faux woodgrain and distressing for this;


I used IndigoBlu Acrylic Paints (Frosty Sky, Hot Cocoa and Grandma's Teacup) over the Tim Holtz Woodgrain Layering Stencil and dribbled a little Mushroom Alcohol Ink over the top to get the aged look. The flowers were coloured with Wimberry Pie Acrylic Paint and the leaves cut from patterned paper in my stash. Here are some close ups so you can see all the details;




Now for the Victorian Caddy with matching jars (you'll need to see the Candy Box Crafts website link for an idea of what the basic kit looks like as I've gone to town again on the faux finishes for this one!!!)


Once again I turned to my IndigoBlu Acrylic Paints for the faux distressed mahogany caddy and faux stone jars. Let's start with the jars; by dabbing White Gesso all over each one a base was created onto which I could dab a mix of Pantry White Paint and a tiny hint of Hot Cocoa Paint over the top. More Mushroom Alcohol Ink dribbled down the sides, a twine tie and kraft tag finished the look. Then for the caddy; I began by adding some Prima IOD Home Decor moulds to the sides using their Paper Clay, then gave it a coat of white gesso before dry brushing on layers of paint (Banana Custard, Raven Black, Pheasant Bronze, Hot Cocoa). Finally to tone it down I dry brushed the whole caddy with more gesso.




Make sure you tune in to Hochanda to see Roy sharing these and many more fabulous samples from the Guest Designers who've been given the chance to 'play' too - the shows are on at 11am and 5pm tomorrow (18th May). And looking at the schedules for the next couple of days it's wonderful to see my own IndigoBlu shows are being repeated for anyone who missed out when they were originally aired.

I'll be back very soon with something new. Until then take care of yourselves, Jenny xxx

16 comments:

  1. WOWSERS! I just love these Jenny! Gorgeous finishes and loving the flowers!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Jenny. Love the bank, it looks so gorgeous. The container holder too looks great. Have now recorded the show. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly pushed the right buttons with these wonderful creations!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fabulous projects Jenny, I love how you've done the faux wood xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful projects

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Amazing faux finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are wonderful Jenny, I really love the faux wood techniques you used to give them such a realistic appearance! The jars look fabulous too, not sure I should watch, I may be tempted to spend more money - lol! I need to ask you some time how you keep the moulded pieces flat whilst drying.... not having much luck myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! It would be well worth watching just to see the wonderful samples people have made (and sit on your hands!) I found that with a flat surface like the sides of the caddy I took the wet moulded clay and glued it onto the mdf, squashing it together slightly in the middle. It seemed to dry in the same time but stayed flat. Hope that helps! xx

      Delete
  8. Wow Jenny, these look amazing!!!I tried to watch the show on-line last time (but the buffering made it difficult), so I might give it another go this time. I love both of these projects...they look so much fun!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look wonderful Jenny - so very pretty! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful samples Jenny x loving all the fabulous details you have used. Will look out for the shows

    Tfs and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are FANTASTIC!!! The wood looks so real...you completely nailed it! Fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects Jenny, the wood and stone effects are sooooo good! Fabulous faking ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous transformations Jenny, gorgeous finishes and embellishments! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, amazing, incredible and absolutely divine. I think you can tell I adore both projects and your faux effects. Pinning everything xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastique! Jenny Though I LOVE both the wishing well has really stole my heart. Superb faux wood grain effect . I managed to see them too on Hochanda , yay. So pleased to see your amazing talent being spotlighted .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...