30 August 2014

Busy, busy, busy at IndigoBlu

Hi everyone and first an apology for having been MIA again. Prep and sample making seems to be taking over my life right now. I've been beavering away getting articles written and getting ready for a busy few weekends ahead demoing at garden centres across the Midlands. And then of course there's tomorrow... it's the Open Day at IndigoBlu HQ where Kay, Clare, Nikki and myself will be in action with stamps, inks, paints and so much more. I know a few friends have already arranged to be there and it would be great to see you too! I'll be taking along the project we'll be doing at my inaugural IB workshop at the end of September (details on my sidebar) so you'll get a chance for a sneaky peek at what's in store.

Of course I can't post just that so by way of a reminder of our Indian Summer challenge over at the IndigoBlu Challenge blog right now here's a little something to get you in the mood (for creating of course!)


This card involved the use of gesso, inks, stencilling, a spot of paint and of course some stamping. I've used the 'Under the Sea' A5 stamp set, the 'Regal' stencil, my all time favourite Gee-Sso Good! white gesso, and the English Cottage Artist's Acrylic Paints. You'll need some close ups, so...





I intend to get back on top of commenting and make some time to see all your wonderful creations on Monday, and in the meantime if you haven't put your name in the hat for one of my Tim Holtz inspired ATCs yet make sure you leave a comment HERE. Remember, I'll be drawing the names of four lucky winners on Thursday at the end of A Vintage Journey's current ATC challenge.

Time waits for no crafter, so for now take care of yourselves and I'll hopefully see you soon.
Jenny xxx

26 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Love the oriental fish swimming through the reeds.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My! Word! Jenny this is stunning, I love it.
    Lucky, lucky people to able to actually watch you "create"
    A busy weekend for you ..... enjoy.

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic background! Kay M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a heavenly creation Jenny, I love the beautiful fish and the way you created those 'reeds' is fantastic - love them, love your gorgeous card. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this card is stunning, gorgeous. Love the colour.
    greetings from Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours on this creation Jenny, sublime..... Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny I am so excited for you and what a treat for those they have the opportunity to see your work up close and personal! Again you have created a gorgeous card and the background is drool-worthy! Have a blast! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sample Jenny, and wow, you do sound busy! Have fun tomorrow, wished I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful background on your card Jenny.
    You are certainly busy, busy busy!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing work Jenny - love these fish - brilliant - hope it all goes well at the open day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Jenny....love the background and those gorgeous fish. Best wishes for the Open Day at IB. If only I lived closer.

    Take care
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful with a real feel of the sea.

    You do sound busy and I am sure you will have a great time with all that is ahead. Good Luck

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely background for the elegant fish, Jenny! Great!
    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card you made, great layout and beautiful fishes!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Jenny you are such a busy lady at the moment and still able to churn out stunning works of art like this card, love the background especially. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another fabulous make Jenny! I am so in love with your fish, they are elegant...which is a word I have never used to describe a fish before! Your background is just amazing, I love it all! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Asian looking fish...so striking! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing card, Jenny! Love the blue color and those fishies look stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fantastic card, wonderful background and beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is wonderful Jenny, you fish seem to have such movement. I'm so pleased your weekend went so well, and thanks so much for your kind words on my blog :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad your weekend went well.
    Lucky people to be able to watch and learn.
    Our Thomas is only 10 years old!!!
    Have a great day

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous creation Jenny, Love those fish & fabulous background....Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous background and love the fish stamping. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great water colours and love how your images are set off the page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...