22 August 2017

Stitchy Flowers Earrings for Eileen Hull Designs

Hi everyone and welcome! I'm back today with my latest monthly project for Eileen Hull Designs. We were asked to use the dies from Eileen's HeARTfelt Collection in different ways and the Design Team have really risen to the challenge as can be seen HERE and HERE. With ideas as diverse as a tablet holder and shadow box to a wine cuff, pin cushion and money box it's clear they can be used in a multitude of ways. And today sees even more ideas shared on Eileen's website - make sure you check out them out and prepare to be amazed!

As you'll have seen from the title of this post I went down the route of making jewellery with mine and came up with this simple but effective design for using the fabulous Stitchy Flowers die set;


Despite their length these are incredibly light due to the special material I used for the flowers. Here's the all important tutorial;


The flowers were cut from Sizzix 'Paper Leather', a light yet super tough material that can be cut, embossed, stitched, painted and generally abused without risk of tearing. And as you'll see from the dies chosen and cut out pieces, it can be die cut with Thinlits dies too!


Having punched a hole at the top of each of the larger flowers I painted both sides with Dina Wakley's Lime acrylic paint.


The smaller flowers had the Ruby shade applied to contrast with the larger layer.


The flowers were then embossed with one of Eileen's embossing folders from Sizzix. I made sure the flowers were lined up so that the embossed details matched when layered, but that's just me - matching the patterns is not essential!!!


To add even more interest I diluted some of Dina Wakley's Ocean acrylic paint and splattered both sets of flowers (on both sides) using a small brush.


When dry this process was repeated with the White shade to contrast and coordinate with the beads.


When dry I glued the two layers of flowers together. Dots of 'Caribbean Coast' Enamel Accents were added to the centre of each completed flower.


To finish I used silver findings and some coordinating semi-precious beads from my stash to link the hooks to the flowers.
And as a reminder here are the finished results all ready to wear;


I hope you've enjoyed finding out more about how these Stitchy Flowers earrings came together. And a quick reminder to head over to Eileen's website to see a multitude of other ideas for using the dies from her HeARTfelt Collection.

I'll be back tomorrow with my latest DT project for the Frilly and Funkie challenge blog. Purely by coincidence the latest challenge is all about using your dies! Until then take care of yourselves and get creative. Jenny xxx

6 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to use the paper leather for jewellery before.... but I will now! I love the colours and the beautiful embossing. Clever and brilliant! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne - it works brilliantly! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a cool and clever use of the dies and paper leather ! Jenny. Such a lovely pair of earrings x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...