30 September 2015

Tim Holtz September Tag... Just!

Hi everyone and welcome to my second post of the day. It wasn't my plan to post twice but this is the last day of the month and it's been another ridiculously busy month. And so my September Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 project has come on the last day again. Not sure the photo on this does it justice but it was the only angle I could get the shine coming through. As ever Tim makes it all look supremely easy - I may have to keep practising!


For my version I combined Butterscotch, Rust and Denim Alcohol Inks with Gold Mixative on the central piece of card, then stamped Ledger Script onto the background, masking off an area for the little camera. However, when I added the transparent paste through the Tiles stencil and rubbed over the Black Archival Ink it started to get lost. So I added the other elements, coloured a piece of card with Faded Jeans and Spiced Marmalade and used it as a second base for my Frosted camera. The background is a mix of Faded Jeans and Rusty Hinge Stain Sprays with a generous splattering of the Tarnished Brass, Hickory Smoke and Picket Fence flavours.

Phew! That's it for September! Bring on October... Thanks so much for stopping by. Jenny xxx

15 comments:

  1. Well done Jenny! A lovely original take on Tim's challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful, Jenny!! Such depth and texture..... wow! And good for you pulling this off! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunner Jenny!! Love the colour palette and this is a fabulous take on Tim's Tag. Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like so much your way to play with Tim's sample! beautiful and original! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you always manage to turn Tim's tags into cards Jenny! I absolutely love this adaptation! Brilliant colours, that background is just amazing and I love how you finished it too!! A real stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab take on Tim's version! I love your white splatters over the top and how some have picked up the brown behind - looks totes fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrifuc take on the tag

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work jenny - love it! Well done on getting it in! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour combination and I always love your card variations on the tags.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! LOVE the metallic shine! LOVE the vintage look, and the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this dark make -- especially with the sentiment. Jenny, there are two kinds of dreams. One when you are awake that are lovely like trying to catch a star. And then there are nightmares which I seem to have quite a bit. So I guess I should own them both.
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, I love your take on September and the colors are so rich like Autumn. That sentiment is a nice touch. I just could not fit this one in and don't see October's happening! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Jenny! Love the beautiful background. The sentiment is perfect. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Jenny, gorgeous colour palette and love the combination of the film strip and the camera, lovely! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...