12 November 2014

It's All About Wendy at Frilly and Funkie

Hi everyone and welcome. I'm hosting the latest challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and the theme is 'It's All About Wendy'. We are celebrating all things Wendy Vecchi for this challenge so let's see your 'Wendy' style projects. If you are unfamiliar with her products and style take a look at her blog HERE and her Pinterest boards HERE as well as at the amazing projects created by the Frilly and Funkie Design Team.


As soon as I saw the dress up doll stamps this idea popped into my head. Wendy loves to shop (shoes I believe but she hasn't produced stamps of those - yet!!!) so the idea of walking into one of those designer stores where the clothes are displayed to look like artwork seemed perfect.


The base used her Basically Bricks stencil - I applied Pumice Stone Distress Paint through before putting Embossing Paste through onto selected areas. When dry a little more of the paint was added over the embossed parts before the whole thing was misted with Antique Linen Distress Stain Spray. Finally I added a few dots of Orange Blossom Archival Ink through the Dots and Stripes stencil and splattered a few drops of Black Soot Distress Paint on top.


Now attention turned to the stamping. The joy of the Paper Doll is that you can fussy cut her dress to give her a look to match your project. In this case I used lots of the Archival Inks and edged each dress with a skim of Walnut Stain Distress Ink to get rid of those dreaded white edges.Her matching bow was made by stamping the Reverse Dots background stamp onto the bow stamp (a technique called 'kiss stamping').


And so to the finishing touches; it's a little difficult to see from the photos but I used the License Plate Art stamps to add some 'graffiti art' to the designer shop walls (using one of my all time 'go to' colours - Watering Can Archival). Then I hung the dresses on Idea-Ology hangers and added an appropriate sentiment. I think we could apply this one to visits to craft stores as well as clothing outlets!!!


Hope you like my take on Wendy's style. For even more awesome inspiration head over to see the projects my team mates have created at Frilly and Funkie. Then it's your turn - how would you interpret Wendy's style? Don't forget, there are prizes up for grabs for the winners.

I'll be back soon to share more cards (personal Christmas ones are now coming along!!!) For now take of yourselves, Jenny xxx



18 comments:

  1. Brilliant, absolutely amazing, I love it.
    When I saw this it certainly made me smile on this day of horrible weather.
    Everything about this little "work of art" is wonderful, bright and colourful.
    Have a fantastic day
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation Jenny. Great design too. HUgs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Jenny! Great imagination and composition. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific ideas on this and a really fun way to celebrate fashion design

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, it certainly brought a smaile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous idea Jenny, I do love how your creative mind works - right down to the licence plate graffiti - amazing, wonderful, clever. Love this! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the humour in this great card Jenny!!!
    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL!!!! That layout is so classy and it's like going to a high end store on a card. I love that you used the graffiti background that's peeking out. You did an incredible job on your Vecchi rendition. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card Jenny! It's humorous, elegant and funkie all at the same time! Your background brick wall is amazing and I love those 3d hangers! Fabulous make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project Jenny - your wall looks so realistic and i love the dresses on their hangers. Brilliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Jenny! It's so clever and whimsical. Very cool card!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!
    you know me well...I just bought the same comfy shoes in all three available colors!
    this is just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's the truth!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenny, this is a fab card, love the image - she could put a smile on anyones face.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE all these dresses! Decisions decisions! Great Wendy make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great card. I love the brick background. So funky or should I say funkie ;p I am not a shopper at all. But love all those dress hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful Wendy work Jenny! Real fun card with lovely vibrant colours ! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...