Good evening all. Wondering about that title? Well it could be me cursing this month, which continues to wreak havoc weatherwise on all of the UK, but it actually refers to two of the things I managed to achieve to round off June 2012; after getting wet at 6am on a dog walk I took the kids down the road to see the Olympic Torch pass through our town (over in a jiffy but still worth watching/supporting) and then I finished my entry to the Tim Holtz June tag (talk about last minute!!) And here it is...
I won't bore you with too many details as the Duke of Distress tells us what to do, and many of you have actually had a go already yourselves anyway. Suffice to say there was some improv. taking place and I learned a few things along the way (which is the point of it, I guess?)
Man-made fibres (like net curtaining) are better stained with alcohol inks as DI's don't seem to take (my flower was made using the second smallest of the SB Rose Creations die and Butterscotch/Shell Pink alcohol inks. The image is one of my MIL - I will now squirrel this tag away and give it to her in some form when I need somethig special quickly.
Stazon and Promarkers 'stick' to aluminium foil, but Archival ink doesn't seem to even when heat set. This can be used to advantage if you want to stamp out something, cut around it, and then remove the ink.
If you use a heat gun on a low setting on nylon ribbon it will crinkle slightly - quite useful if you are out of seam binding and want something distressed looking.
Right waffle over from me - if you would like any more info on this leave me a comment and I'll be sure to get back to you. I've got toppings to make for some lemon merinque muffins and then a thousand and one blogs to catch up with. Many thanks for your lovely comments. Hugs, Buttons x