18 December 2019

Embroidered Felt Pocket Notebook for Eileen Hull Designs

Hi everyone and welcome. As the end of the year draws nearer Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team are taking the opportunity to review their 2019 projects and share some holiday makes. I decided the best way to round off the year was to finish a project! Not just any project though...


The highlight of the year for so many of us Eileen's fans was her UK Paper Trail trip back in September. For me it was extra special as I had the huge privilege to spend this very special time in Eileen's company and learn so much from her. She's such an incredibly generous person in so many ways and I feel totally blessed to call her a friend.

Eileen in action on the UK Paper Trail, September 2019.

Eileen taught several classes based on her Pocket Notebook XL Scoreboards Die throughout the tour, and amongst the most popular was an embroidered felt one. Of all the classes Eileen taught this was one of the most relaxing; despite many misgivings from attendees who worried about their stitching skills, she gave them the tools, techniques and know how to create the most beautiful covers.

Having admired them so much all the way through the tour I finally got around to starting one of my own on the last weekend, but as is so often the way it sat unfinished for the last few months as other deadlines took priority. Now, finally, I've completed it! Combining felt flowers and leaves (cut using the 'Stitchy Flowers' and 'Journaling Cards, Flowers & Leaves' die sets) and a number of stitches from Eileen's class I kept it simple inside by adding four aqua memo books through elastic ties. Here are some close ups of the front cover;





Here's a photo of the front and back covers together;


And here are some close ups of the back cover;





I think that's one of my favourite projects of the year, and what a year it's been! Eileen's imagination continues to inspire and amaze us with her fantastic designs - the Treasure Box, the Stacking Drawers, the House Ornament, the Gift Card Folder and of course her wonderful notebooks/journals have all formed the basis of lots of incredible makes shared by so many talented people in her Facebook Fan Club. Here are some of mine;



So with 2019 almost done what does 2020 hold... well all I can say right now is that you are in for so many treats next year! For now make sure to keep tuning in to Eileen's FB Lives and check out the round up posts from the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team over on her blog.

Thanks for visiting,
Jenny xxx

7 comments:

  1. Jenny your stitches book came out so beautifully! And you didn’t show the inside where you hid all the stitches 😍. I will never forget our amazing journey together and the laughs, chocolate eating, exploring and hauling of boxes- what an adventure! Your year of projects is truly a joy to review and makes me so grateful to have you as a member of my team and as a friend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jenny. I was really good at Needkework when I was at school. I had to choose between that and cookery for o levels and I chose cookery. My goal for 2020 is to make a felt notebook. I best practise my seeing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Jenny. I was really good at Needkework when I was at school. I had to choose between that and cookery for o levels and I chose cookery. My goal for 2020 is to make a felt notebook. I best practise my seeing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cover! Love all the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing cover! Your flowers and embroidery look stunning, I love the colours against the grey - beautiful 😁. Wishing you a magical Christmas and a very happy New Year! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning journal cover Jenny xx I have enjoyed viewing your many EH projects and its clear you showcase them so well.

    Sending my best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this latest creation simply fabulous with all the color & details.... your roundup has some of my favs too! You are a marvel Jenny- hugZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...