Hi everyone. I want to start this post by offering my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the tragic events in Boston yesterday. Horrific things like this always help to put your own challenges into perspective.
So here's my offering for today (yep, another card - I've got orders to fulfil and a large family:) This all started as a result of reading Sandra's inspirational description about the creation of her DT piece for the current Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge.
The thought of creating your own background stamp in this way was too good an opportunity to miss.
Out came the Cut n Dry Foam and one of the Texture Fades embossing folders (you'll recognise the one:) After heating the grey side with the heat gun I pressed the folder into it for a short time. Hey presto! a great impression made.
The grey side took to being covered in Distress Ink really well, even with two colours applied. And it was even easier to get a clear impression from stamping it on white cardstock as the spongy side was great for squishing down with very little pressure.
Next job - cover the ink in patches of Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Powder and copper mica powder and heat until set (a bit of water spritzing was required to set the mica).
The long strip is another piece of the 'faux rust' card made with Distress Paints/Inks/Stains (details HERE).
The poster image is a Nicecrane Design favorite of mine called Vintage London Underground advertising Vol II. It looks even better when distressed with some ink and water spritzing.
Now it was time to pile on the embellishments. Various die cut shapes in different textures (goodness I love the new Sizzix Thinlits).
The clockface was stamped and embossed, the cogs had alcohol ink applied, and a small piece of embossed/inked/gilded Ferro was included. I also went to town with gold UTEE from the Melt Pot onto a piece of card which was then stamped with a mini blueprint ticket. When cool it was treated with Distress Paints/Stains in the same manner used by Tim Holtz on his April tag alpha/metal embellishments. To make the image pop out it was finally restamped with Archival Ink and covered with Glue n Seal to stop it cracking.
Obviously this is going to be entered into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge - Background.
As it contains so much texture I am also entering it into The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Texture.
Thank you Sandra for your inspiration - after the triumphant moment of creating a usable background stamp this was a joy to put together. Here's hoping you have some triumphant crafty moments too. Hugs, Jenny x