20 February 2013

Men, Awards and Comments

Hi everyone and welcome. Firstly apologies for not joining in with WOYWW today - it all caught up with me a bit today (I know for those of you who have been nagging me about overdoing it!!!) I am so pleased to have new followers joining in the fun, not least because it's amazing how much time and energy it takes to comment on other people's posts in between real life and crafting time.

There have been a number of lovely bloggers who have said publicly they are going to have to cut back on the amount of time they spend leaving a comment everywhere they go even though they will still visit blogs to take a look. Well I for one have no problem with that whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, it is awesome that so many of you leave me the most wonderful and supportive comments - they give me such a confidence boost every time - but if all you can do is take a flick through my piccies then I won't be in any way offended if that's all you do. The aim here is to inspire others to enjoy their crafting and maybe try doing something or outside their comfort zone. With that said I've got a couple of things to cover in this post so as to cut down on the number of posts. Flick through the pics by all means but please take note of the Liebster Award bit towards the end.


Hurrah! A card at last! (and outdoors a la Butterfly for the light).This is my entry for;


More of the 'pile it all up Finnabair style' of crafting here. It just feels so balanced and strangely less cluttered to me. This shows you how well Picket Fence Distress Paint acts as a resist - this time with Distress Stains and some water spritzing over the top.


Also there is another example of using Crackle Glaze with Distress Paint - the faster you do it the better it works by the way. You can already start to glimpse bits of metal.


More metal and a mini Stampers Anonymous sentiment.


One example of playing with that X Cut Chronology pocket watch die. Another suggestion - cut two sets in contrasting cardstock and then swap elements between the two. Then add Treasure Gold! (not essential:) So there you have it for the piccies bit.


Now for the awards (not a Brit of course!) I was thrilled and grateful to receive nominations from the lovely ladies who are Gita and Keren for the Liebster Award. The what?


About the Award - This award was designed to be a blog award in the pay it forward fashion. Once you've been nominated you award it to blogs that you like that have fewer than 200 followers to encourage new visitors to visit these new blogs.
Rules for Acceptance - Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog. Post the award onto yoyur blog. Give the award to 5 bloggers who you appreciate that have fewer than 200 followers. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know that you have given them this awesome award. So a big thank you again to Keren and Gita.

Pay it Forward - Here are 5 blogs I think you should check out;
Julie Short at Time to Create Handmade Treasures - this wonderful lady NEVER fails to amaze me with her utterly unique approach to crafting
Diane Hasthorpe at Tawny Inspirations - they must put something in the water in that part of Australia because, like Julie, Diane has posted so many incredible projects
Claudia at Von Pappe II - her work is out of this world and jaw-droppingly amazing
Mo at Almo Craft - she may not have been long in blogland but I happen to know she's been crafting for a while and has produced some fabulous work
Fandhmum at Crafting at SG - she may only have been in blogland for a very short time, but I have the very great privilege of  knowing this wonderful crafter personally. She has a successful workshop business and is uber-talented to boot. You ARE going to see a lot more of her in the coming weeks and months (and not just in blogland either!)

So there you have it. I'll go away now and get on with more stuff and leave you to check out these blogs and hopefully have some enjoyable time crafting yourselves. Take care everyone, hugs, Jenny xxx
p.s. if you need a bit of a chuckle go see Brenda Brown's piccie of me at Stitches - I'm the pale, short one stood next to the glamorous, generous and wonderful Brenda. Now you know who to avoid at shows!

33 comments:

  1. I'm one of the many who tries to fit in commenting when looking but sometimes I simply do not have the time. However, be assured I enjoy looking at your work and am often inspired by what I see. Today's card is a case in point - love the embellishment cluster - the pile it all on style - and certainly one worth remembering. Congratulation on your award to - it's well earned. Take it easy and happy crafting, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your award Buttons and absolutely love your fab card, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Jenny,
    Please take it easy , we need you here showcasing all your wonderful creations.
    Another stunner, I am liking your "lesser" look. Still amazed at how you manage to get all the different effects and textures.
    Keep up the great work but remember to put your feet up now and again.
    HUGS

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautifully designed and executed card Alison. Love the colours and style.
    Why can't we leave no more than three or four word comments that could be left in no time and still show we have visited and appreciate the piece on display?
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, your card is stunning, I love your latest creations with their collage feel and Finnabair-esque qualities, I think they suit your style so well.

    I know how much time it takes to comment as I always try to comment on everyone I follow, every time they post. I don't always have the time but if people take the time to comment on mine then I think it is important to reciprocate - but it is hard! While I can, I will but I totally understand when others cannot do this with work and family commitments.

    Do take time out for your recovery, we need you in blogland! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really gorgeous creation for this month's theme Jenny.

    It's really lovely to see you at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges, thanks so much to joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A terrific card for a male with very masculine colours and additions.

    I agree with you about people visiting blogs- there are so many interesting places to look at time just melts away

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello you, glad to hear you are resting up a bit... please don't over do it or you will end up looking like me rofl LOVE your creation, as beautiful as ever... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny, congrats on your award. I find your posts inspiring and love that you share techniques. Thank you for nominating me. I truly appreciate it, and the fact that you have visited my posts regularly, leaving warming comments.This card is gorgeous. Love the colours and the great embellies. Have a great day, rest of the week, thank you again, Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card is stunning, love all the details an this style of design is wonderful!
    congratulations on the award well done and so well deserved!
    your work is stunning
    make sure you take care and rest up too hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous work as ever - thanks so much for the tip about the pocket watch die - it certainly is a fiddly one but well worth the effort with the end results. I often do just that with intricate dies so that there are plenty of pieces to mix and match for more than one project.Take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, you just relax, comment where and when as you feel , enjoy how relaxing it can be just to wander around in blogland. Everyone understands there are days we can and days we cannot. Sending hugs. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenny, absolutely stunning! The arrangement of gorgeous embellishments is perfect and makes a mini masterpiece. Take care. XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge congratulations on your award! That is very much deserved. This card is wonderful! I love finding out what the distress paints can do and you certainly have made me want some ;o) Your work is as inspiring as always. I find it difficult to make masculine cards and yours is perfect. Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your layered project. Your background technique is fab, will have to give it a try. Take care. MM x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Buttons! Lovely work and the Finn style is suiting you BUT most importantly you are putting your own spin on it. I checked out your photo - now isnt this strange because its the second time I have seen it.. the other one had "WANTED" on the top of it!!!! (laughing!!) Take care, rest up Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card! Love the vintage feel...perfectly done timepiece! Gorgeous gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. First: I adore your card - especially the use of the pocket watch die on it!!! There's much I can learn from you as I have these dies too but still am not content with the results I get using them. So thank you very much for that awesome inspiration!

    Second: thank you very very much for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is really kind and I appreciate it very much!

    Hugs,

    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jenny, Firstly another fabulous card love the crackle effect. Secondly, Thank you so much for awarding me the Leibster award, I am very touched you thought of me,and your very kind comments, however, I have already been nominated by Jill (gibby frogget)earlier in the week and had not been quick enough going public with it for you to realise, so reluctantly I feel I have to ask you to nominate another deserving blogger in my place. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your "Finnabair-esque" card... the arrangement looks great, and leaves loads of room to admire that fabulous Picket Fence resist text! Hee, hee and snap on the tiny lock and key!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such nice layers on the great background Jenny!

    bye for now, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, Jenny! Love the metal look on the watch as for the real metal embellisies! Hooray for your speech! you're so right!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't know how I managed to miss this one, - LOVE it, all the elements fit so well together and the placement is perfect as far as I am concerned, fantastic make!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an awesome composition, love design color combination and all decorative elements.
    Wish you a nice weekend
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  25. such a lovely card design - love the cluster of elements! Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful vintage design, love the timepiece element.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a stunning card, love every bit of it. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like this 'pile it on' style Jenny, and your background is wonderful. This colour combination is always a favourite of mine, and your card is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always look, but don't always have time to comment, your post is very thoughtful and generous. I love this card, but then I love all you do! Hugs, barb x

    ReplyDelete
  30. A fabulous card with wonderful details and great vintages feeling. Thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is brill Jenny :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic card, and congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...