28 February 2013

Best Foot Forward

Hi everyone and welcome to my followers new and old (not in age terms of course!) Well it's been another lovely sunny day here and there are glimpses in the garden that Spring is definitely on its way. Thank goodness for that! Now I know a lot of you plan your projects but I'm a 'go with the flow' gal so things inevitably turn out completely differently to the way I initially expected.


I decided to combine three challenges as in my head they fitted together rather well;
So you can see the ATC's above resplendent with vintage shoes and sewing ephemera.


And now here they are used as card toppers on (unusually for me) a small tri-fold card. I even got the garden to coordinate with it!! Now for some close ups.


A few details for the background - I started by ripping some book pages into thin triangles and added them to the plain white cardstock. This was my little bit of black (the text).


Next I stamped strips of sewing ephemera using WOW white/red pearl embossing powder. This provided a fantastic resist to a couple of layers of misting with Chili Pepper and Walnut Stain inks.


The final vintage trimmings included some ribbon, lace (a huge thank you again Annie) some Mulberry paper backing, die cut lettering and my vintage footwear.


The footwear was created using a die and the faux leather technique from my notebook cover makeover.


The background to the card took some thinking about as I didn't want to overpower the detail on the ATC's. Some of you will have seen me messing with some cardstock yesterday - I used the Tammy Tutterow technique from previous projects and then layered this with pieces of doily and some texture paste flourishes. Hint - if, when you apply paste over inked cardstock, the paste starts to discolour you can use a white Uniball pen to mask it.


The sentiment panel was created in the same way as the ATC's. Another small tip - if you are using foam pads to raise any elements try using your alcohol markers to colour the sides of them in a coordinating colour as this helps to make them 'disappear' from view.
Hope you have enjoyed today's offering and the sun has been shining on you too.
Hugs to you all, Jenny x

32 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous Jenny and I love the vintage shoe theme and colours. I'm a go with the flow girl as well, so I know about those surprise end results :D! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a planner at all and like you, go with the flow! Love how you built a card around the ATC's, which are such fun! Love that Shoe Fits saying! What a truly great birthday card! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did and the sentiment is so my taste! I never know my outcomes on my stuff, I have only had to throw out a few. Your ATC and card has so much texture in it and the embossing made a gorgeous background. I love all the details.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love how you combine so many wonderful details..you always inspire and delight me with your wonderful and talented makes! make sure you are taking it easy hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this very much and love the finished card. I am more of a play with things than a planner. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous set Jenny. I love the colours too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! My! Word! another stunning "Work of Art" I just love all these techniques you use. I really wish I was as brave as you trying all these wonderful things, I would not have a clue where to start.
    Funny how we all have our own styles, unfortunately I get very stuck in my "Comfort Zone"
    Keep up the fantastic work
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning makes Jenny. The ATC's are fabulous as is your card. Brilliant shoes

    Hope you are improving and still not overdoing it

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny
    Those are some lovely colours and I love that lace. Good luck with the challenges,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulooooooous Jenny, love that you've joined in my colour challenge at FSC, thanks for that. It's spooky but I have been working on ATCs this week for DT stuff and you and I are totally on the same page LOL. Your ATCs are gorgeous and they go perfectly together in your card. Lots of lovely texture, they look so rich.
    Hope you are ok.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really gorgeous... the WOW powders look stunning in the background (love the thimbles), and your die-cut lettering looks amazing (looks like fabric, is it?). Gorgeous lace and the little buckled shoes are wonderful. Amazing work, as ever!
    Alison xx
    Hope your recuperation continues well...
    Oh, and thank you for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun is this!?!? I love the way your brain works, Jenny. This just made me smile from ear to ear. Beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is a wonderful card, the shoes & boots and colours are just perfect for that inner shoe-a-holic :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I thought I was the only one without a definite plan, so glad you and so many of your followers do the same thing! Your ATCs are wonderful, love that saying and they look fabulous on your card too. Hope you are starting to feel much better now. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol, Great sentiment, One my GF lives by.
    I love that the eye is not sure what bit to look at first, is it the words or the ribbon or the lovely bg stamping.
    Thanks for joining us at Fun with atc's

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE those shoes!!! Great tri fold card...Fun and elegant! Love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful ideas on these ATCS and what a terrific idea to use them on a card-it is a terrific card for sure.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Jenny, I love the atc's as toppers and the background text is wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layers...great card Jenny...so nice, these colours fit so well together! Such great details...and please: go with the flow :-)

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous tri-fold card today, Jenny, I'm loving the vintage shoes and boots, and a brilliant idea to colour the sides of the foam pads, that is one reason why I don't like to use them, so will give that a try.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful ATC's and they look great on the white background, perfect fold for the card! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh...you had me clapping in my chair! This is soooo stinkin' adorable. I love this!!! I'm going back to look at it some more. :)
    hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous Tri-fold card Jenny, and perfect to display those great ATC's.
    Love the way you've used the colour scheme.
    Avril xx
    p.s. Thanks for joining us at FSC.

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely so happy to see you at sch this week...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha, I'm not the typical shoe obsessed kind of girl but love your ATCs anyway. Love the colors and the background with the sewing items and the lace. Gorgeous ATCs! Thanks a lot for playing along with us at FwATCs. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jenny
    Just popped back to say thanks for linking your lovely project to our FSC challenge.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fabulous idea and a wonderful card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous ATC's and so great that you've used them on this folded card! Very pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your ATCs are so delicate, Jenny!

    Love how you combined the elements and as I am a fan of letters in general I LOVE your big letters there!

    Thank you for sharing them with us at FwATCs!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Jenny, don't know how I missed this beauty, but just spotted it at FSC. Everything about it is just gorgeous, the colours, love that muted vintage red. The textures on the ATC toppers with the embossing powders are just delicious. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at FSC. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...