25 July 2012

Ice Cream Dreams

Hello everyone and welcome (back). The challenges keep coming recently and methinks some are going to have to be combined somehow. Meantime a load of birthday crafty goodies have arrived so I'm like a pig in... !! One challenge I have been desparate to enter is The Stamp Man - Summer Colours (yes, I know, cutting it fine again!) This has truly been a challenge for some reason, as ideas came and went but my new TH honeycomb embossing folder arrived yesterday and hey presto!


Yes, at this stage it is in two bits but you NEEDED to see the background as it is so LUSH!


There, that's better. When I think back to childhood summer hols I think of time spent with my Nana and knickerboker glories from Notarianni's icecream parlour in Seaburn. And so an idea formed.


A briefish recipe; background TH marbled stains using Picket Fence, Wild Honey and Walnut Stain, with WS also applied to the embossing folder. The bottom edge was diecut with one side of a SB Fleur de Lis square and the self-adhesive lace border was coloured with Picket Fence and Faded Jeans DM's.


The main image is one from a Creative Expressions set coloured with DI's and water - Fired Brick, Walnut Stain, Spun Sugar, Wild Honey and Faded Jeans. It was layered onto Coredinations cardstock, distressed and inked and lace applied to the back. Then there's the acetate and shrink plastic (oooooh, great fun!) embellies mounted on top.


Finally I added stained seam binding and stitched pearl beads on the knot. The idea of glazing the sundae did cross my mind but the colours would have run. OK, are you hungry yet?
Right, I'm off to combine challenges and enjoy the lovely weather. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think. I will always endeavour to do the same. Hugs, Buttons x

13 comments:

  1. Oooh Buttons, I love this. The embossing folder is great, I bet you will get lots of use from that. This is a perfect Summers tag, I love it. Lots of my memories of childhood relate to my dear nan and icecream too! thank you for reminding me of those. I really love your work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this embossing folder very muchly - thanks for letting me see it in its naked form (oooo cheeky!). Love the colours and that fabulous ice cream. Wouldn't mind one of those even if it is only 10am (and raining!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this, Buttons! How good does the little die cut edge look? I'm Shop shopping on Friday and that TH Embossing folder just might need to jump into the basket.
    The icecream sundae is Yum and there is truly a place called Seaburn??? I will be totally scoffing if you say there's a place across the bay called Sunburn!
    Keep having fun because I love visiting and seeing what you are up to.
    Cyber hugs from Australia where we are anything but hot right now!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ages since I had a knickerbocker glory but remember they were a treat occasionally. Great tag and that embossed part really looks like an ince cream wafer - good thinking on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a brilliant embossing folder Buttons, you will surely get lots of use from that. Love your ice cream sundae too will all the shrink plastic embellies - haven't done that for ages. Reminds me of growing up in Canada when my Brother and I practically lived on the beach drinking soda pop and eating ice cream - thanks for the memory! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY!!! My favorite treat on a tag! So wish I had some right now! Cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tag , the embossing is fab!!! A super make ..ps sorry will post candy tomorrow ..too much fun in sun with children.! Sorry !!!! Lv trace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossing folder, I think this is going to get added to my wish list.
    Great idea. Thanks for entering The Stampman challenge.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely cool !!!! Loving that Sundae. Just want to grab that cherry. Fabulous tag Buttons. Hugs Annie x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your embossing is fab....love the ice cream with a cherry on top... I need some.. I'm melting in this heat... Brillant creation as always... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Buttons - Just catching up - and I remember those Knickerboker Glories from Notarianni's in Seaburn - the highlight of my trips to the beach -small world!
    This is a great tag, love the embossing folder.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so cool!! I love the whole idea and it most definitely hits our brief for The Stamp Man's challenge of Summer Colours. Thanks for joining us.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...