22 April 2012

Time for Tea

Well here we are again. Sunday evening, another week of work awaits...

However, for now the sun is now shining and, with one project finished and another started (lashings of lemon juice, but more of that to come!!) there have been a number of positives this weekend.

Joining in with challenges is a good way of setting deadlines for completing things (always my downfall) and sharing ideas. It is also just fantastic to be able to see what ideas others come up with for the same theme. They are always so different and inspiring .

With that in mind I decided to enter the Simon Says Stamp Challenge (see link on sidebar), a design layout to be followed/interpreted using Martha Stewart if possible. So here it is...


Union Jacks again! but this time with the main coloured elements cut out individually from Coredinations card which was sanded and recoloured to get a strong, yet chalky effect. Martha Stewart punches were used to edge the embossed background and to create the gold strip through which ribbon was threaded.


The main image is a Just Inklined digital image which was coloured with Promarkers and gold pen, and was then triple glazed with UTEE. I thought creating the 'teabag' was fun and the flowers (lace sewn together with pearl beads and coloured with Spun Sugar) completed the look. Very 'elegant English tea' I thought!


Well done me! I remembered to include close ups this time!
OK, time to away to some ironing (booo) and a Sunday roast with all the trimmings (hurrahhhhh).

Before I go I would just like to send a huge thank all of those who have been kind enough to comment on my creations. It is so heartening to know I am not alone!! and I will always endeavour to return the compliment.
Hugs, Buttons x

7 comments:

  1. oohh ,, what a fab card, I love the English afternoon tea theme ,, this is gorgeous and so well done ! I LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, fabulous colours and such a beautiful image which is perfect with the Union Jack......your details are fabulous.

    Thanks so much for joining us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Buttons you have been busy. This is a fab creation and I love your image. I have never used a digi stamp but may give it a try. The embossed piece and your bag/flowers are gorgeous. Hope you had a good weekend and thanks for sharing. Good luck in your challenge....Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Buttons, I love all things Union Jack at the moment so this card really does tick all the boxes. I love the colours you have used and the way you have picked up the gold elements. Lovely card and thanks for the visit to mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool background! I like the tea set too : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, so pretty, I love the shabby chic flowers, the paper, images, it's all gorgeous and just perfect for our challenge :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Buttons, thanks for the great advice on embossing that you left on my blog. Not sure my reply will reach you so trying this way. Thanks again. Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...