28 April 2012

New York, New York

First of all, thank you to those who continue to leave me some lovely comments.  It is really appreciated.  OK, busy day. Dog to walk, washing to catch up with, wedding to attend and two challenge pieces to complete.  Now, you'd think with all this to do it would be a case of 'how can I make things easier for myself'?  Oh no, not me!


Ever since Hels set her Sunday Stampers - Summer in the City - challenge I've had a vision of a summer evening in New York, Sex in the City style in my head (with no way of knowing how to achieve it!)  So, let's try something new!  I've never played with achohol inks before and picked up some at Ally Pally.  Thankfully by combining Butterscotch, Shell Pink, Stonewashed and Snow Cap on the back of acetate a sky was born.  No New York stamps of course!  I had to sketch a skyline incorporating the Chrysler Building in black liner on antique gold card, cutting it out and applying it to the front of the acetate.



Tried embossing the lady with her cake and coffee but it didin't work so I had to use archival ink and fill in the stamped image with my trusty mica powders.  The letters were created using Indigo Blu's FlitterGlu and Morris Dance flakes (also a brand new technique, also a purchase from Ally Pally) and the final embellies were bits from the stash box.


Eventually this tag will find its way on to a card but that will be a challenge for another day.  Off now to sort out photos for the next post/next challenge.  Thanks for dropping by.  I'd love to hear what you think.
Hugs, Buttons x

(p.s. the time setting on my blog needs adjusting when I have a mo' - it is infact 18:25 as I waffle away!)

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Tag. I love the colours you have used too. Very artistic. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, how clever are you!!! I wish I could draw... that NY background is FAB! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... hope you had a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buttons, if you can draw the Chrysler building et. al. like that you should be designing your own stamps. This is a lovely piece. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Buttons.........brilliant sketch of the NY buildings. I love the alcohol ink background and the letters are fab. Can't wait to see more !! Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...