28 April 2012

Inspired by others

Back again!!  (with timezone reset!)  This post is about the entry created for the Woodware Craft Collection Blog April Challenge which, in this case, is a sketch.  Another new technique to try this time - I was inspired to create the background strips using Kim Reygate's lemon juice technique (wow, is she one talented lady).


Having had fun with heating lemon juice (Kim, you didn't mention it would smell really yummy!) green ink was applied direct to paper, followed by contrasting stamping using the Artemio manuscript background clear stamp (one of my all time favs).


Having punched a border strip I needed to add a focal point.  Inspiration take two... Anne posted a fabulous card she had created using a Michael Powell stamp.  My version (another of his gorgeous stamps) was stamped with DI, clear embossed in some areas and coloured with mica paint (not sure my photographic skills have done it justice, but hey hoh).


Finally vine leaves were stamped with Flitter Glu and Morris Dance flakes and applied liberally!!


Et voila... my entry to the April Challenge is complete.  Hope you like.
Hugs, Buttons x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and the image looks really great with all those muted colours. Have a nice week-end. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though I recognised that stamp! It looks so different with your technique applied. It is absolutely stunning, love the dimension on the leaves and the layout is brilliant. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the complexity and delicacy too of your beautiful piece. Leaves music and a stamped piece which reminds me of Italy. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Buttons this is just fabulous.
    I love what you have done here.
    The lemon juice background does smell yummy doesn't it.
    Thank you for all the lovely comments you have left.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments - they are really appreciated and will be published when moderated. Jenny xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...